Jira Service Desk 4.0 beta is out!

It contains all the features and breaking changes we intend for Jira Service Desk 4.0. Thank you for your patience while we finalized this one. Now dive in, and start testing!

Everything you need

For a list of all the breaking changes see Preparing for Jira 8.0, then download the beta to see it all in action. If you’re downloading mavens from maven.atlassian.com, download maven 4.0.0-m0031.

You will also find the Java API documentation here, and the REST API documentation here.

If you have feedback

Post it here and we’ll get back to you as quick as we can. We appreciate all the comments that you’ve left along the way. It’s helped us make Jira Service Desk 4.0, the tool that IT teams need it to be.

Regards,
Lachlan Goodhew-Cook
Senior Developer, Jira Service Desk Team

1 Like

I installed the beta, but I cant see a single visual difference in JSD… Version is 4.0.0-m0031. Am I missing something? Particularly interested for any changes to the customer portal

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate Jira Service Desk 4.0 beta, and provide us with this feedback.

In 4.0, we’ve focused on performance and scale, with breaking changes and upgrades to fundamental components. We’ve done this in order to build a solid foundation that we can build advanced capabilities and features on.

Those ‘advanced features and capabilities’ include changes to the customer portal, which I’m pleased to tell you, will be rolled out in upcoming releases. So stay tuned :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Lachlan - I have not been able to get our plugin to run with JSD4. I’ve posted about this at JSD 4 - Plugin won't load due to OSGi Error and have also raised [JSDECO-118] - Ecosystem Jira for the same issue but am yet to hear back. Could you possibly have a look at this and advise?