Jira Software 9.14 and Jira Service Management 5.14 EAP 01 and EAP 02 are now available

Hi, Developer Community! :wave: The first EAP for Jira Software 9.14 and Jira Service Management 5.14 is ready for testing.

This is a Data Center-only release and it doesn’t support Server licenses. With Atlassian Server end of support, you’ll need to ensure you have a valid Data Center license before upgrading to Jira Software 9.14.0 and Jira Service Management 5.14.

You can download the EAP from this page. If you’re using maven.atlassian.com, here are the versions:

• EAP 01: 9.14.0-m0001 for Jira Software and 5.14.0-m0001 for Jira Service Management.
  • EAP 02: 9.14.0-m0002 for Jira Software and 5.14.0-m0002 for Jira Service Management.

To find out more about breaking changes, new features, and introduced fixes in Jira Software 9.14 and Jira Service Management 5.14, check out the Jira Data Center changelog

If you have any comments, post them below.

Happy testing,
The Jira Data Center team

2 Likes

Hi @RobertKlimkiewicz

I checked the new version and unfortunately I do not see the new Automation actions/triggers described here https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/changelog/#CHANGE-1397

Archive issue action
Issue archived trigger
Issue restored trigger

Can you confirm that these are implemented and should be available in version m0001?

Cheers
Adam

1 Like

Hi @adam.labus
Thank you for checking on it. Indeed, we haven’t implemented this feature in the EAP01 due to internal issues. I apologize for the miscommunication. I’ve already modified the original post to avoid confusion. We’ll still deliver new triggers and actions in 9.14.

Kind regards,
Robert from the Jira DC Team

2 Likes

Hey @RobertKlimkiewicz,
any reason why there is no Preparing for Jira 9.14 page?

Something like this: Preparing for Jira 9.13 | Atlassian Support | Atlassian Documentation

Cheers,
Marcel

1 Like

What’s been changed? Only server license support removal?

2 Likes

Hi @m.frank,
Some time ago we implemented the changelog that replaced our Preparing for documents. Maybe it should have been mentioned in this post as well to avoid confusion. I’ve edited the post, thank you for raising it.

Kind regards,

Hi @pch,
If we’re talking about the EAP releases, yes, there are no more changes so far. We’ll introduce the archiving feature in the final 9.14 that was mentioned in the comments above.

Kind regards,

Hello, I realize that there’s no “Preparing for …” page anymore (:cry:) but instead this new changelog feed. Will it be possible to filter on version / EAPs etc here? Scrolling through the changelog, there’s just the announcement of the (currently) 2 EAP builds avaliable, then we’re down at 9.13 and other things. There’s nothing on the actual content to, well, prepare for that I can find. Where can I see what’s changed & planned to be included in this release?
Perhaps 9.14 is quite “empty” so it’s not a good example to introduce the changelog. If there in the future are changes needed by vendors in an EAP, can I expect to see these listed in the changelog?

3 Likes

Hi @rw-dennis, thanks for raising it
We’re still experimenting with the way we communicate the changes, and we collect feedback about the changelog. Indeed, 9.14 is not a good example this time. However, we’ve changed the way of describing features in the changelog, and from now on, they will start with “Preparing for…” wording to find them easier.

If there in the future are changes needed by vendors in an EAP, can I expect to see these listed in the changelog?

Yes, definitely. For example, we’ve already started the communication about the changes in 10.0: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/changelog/#CHANGE-1423

Hi,

The Changelog for “EAP 9.15 is available” points to this thread.

Can you please open a dedicated 9.15 thread and then please also explain a little more if Jira 9.15 is now:

• REST API v2 compatible
  • Includes Platform 6.5

Thanks

3 Likes

+1

9.15.0-m0001 available

Jira 9.16 again links here and not to a dedicated thread :person_facepalming: