Jira Webhook needs to grab the URL of the triggered event and send it to my AWS Lambda

Hi. I’m trying to connect my JIRA webhook to my AWS Lambda. It needs to be able to send the URL of the triggered event so that my Python code can request the JSON of that URL. Does anyone know if it’s possible to do so and if not, is there a work around that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

:wave:
Can you elaborate a bit on what you are trying to do? Is it cloud / server, which web hook, which event is triggered, which JSON are you after?

It’s on Cloud. When an issue is created or updated, it triggers the webhook which sends the JSON of the issue to API Gateway. Once it’s at API Gateway, then it travels to Lambda which is supposed to get the JSON of the issue. However, I can’t get that JSON without knowing the URL. So I don’t know what to do.

So I’m still a bit confused about what kind of help you require. You mention that you require the URL to get the JSON of the issue from the web hook.

However, looking at the documentation, the JSON of the issue is in the webhook payload (see https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/webhooks/#executing-a-webhook).

What URL are you looking for? Or do you need help with AWS API gateway configuration to get the payload to your lambda?

1 Like

I need help configuring aws lambda to get the payload back from Jira? Currently my lambda is in VPC.