JIRA Webwork for a project page

When you select a project in JIRA, there are options a a navigation menu at the left. In that menu, there is “Summary”, “Issues” and “Reports”. I added an item there that looks like the following.

<web-item key="options_page" i18n-name-key="options_page" section="jira.project.sidebar.plugins.navigation" weight="300">
	<label key="options_page_title"/>
	<link>/projects/$pathEncodedProjectKey?selectedItem=com.company.something:options_page</link>
	<param name="iconClass" value="aui-icon-large icon-sidebar-options"/>
</web-item>

This renders a simple vm page, but I would like to have a webwork type page, like I am using in some places of my project.

<webwork1 key="ObjectView" name="Object View" class="java.lang.Object">
    <description>Objects</description>
    <actions>
	    <action name="${atlassian.plugin.key}.controllers.ObjectsController" alias="Objects">
		<view name="manage">vm/objects/ManageObjects.vm</view>
		<view name="create">vm/objects/CreateObjects.vm</view>

<command name="createCommande" alias="Create"></command>
		<command name="ManageCommand" alias="Manage"></command>
        </action>
    </actions>
</webwork1>

So I would modify my link in the web-item to something like “/secure/Objects!Manage.jspa?project=$pathEncodedProjectKey”

I tried that today, but I see several problems with that, I am losing the project menu (on the left). Is there a way to include the project key directly in the path instead of passing it as a parameter? is there a way to keep the logic (and page decoration) of the first web-panel (project menu to the left and my item in the menu selected)?

Yes, there is. Just include this in your .vm file:

<head>
    <meta name="decorator" content="atl.admin"/>
    <meta name="projectKey" content="${projectKey}"/>
    <meta name="admin.active.section" content="atl.jira.proj.config"/>
    <title>
        Your Title
    </title>
</head>

It almost works. It indeed adds the project navigation menu, but it also adds the project settings menu (See screenshot). I wanted to keep the first menu (the most to the left), but don’t want the other one. I tried modifying that meta a little, but it either displays both or none. Plus, the icon next to my “customize this” link in the left menu is gone, but I guess this is a minor thing. Is there a way to indicate to that menu that my “customize this” page is the currently displayed page?