JiraWebActionSupport.class cannot be opened because it does not exist

Hello! I get strange issue while deploying my plugin. This class is inside jira-api and i can find it manually in target directory inside jar. I’m not using this class directly in my plugin. It’s needed for inheritance of child class AbstractEditHandlerDetailsWebAction.class.

How I understand this is problem with class path but from where this appears and how to resolve it?

Full error:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Failed to parse configuration class [com.example.plugins.tutorial.jira.mailhandlerdemo.EditDemoHandlerDetailsWebAction]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [com/atlassian/jira/web/action/JiraWebActionSupport.class] cannot be opened because it does not exist.

I think the problem lies in different versions of JIRA, and in the location of the AbstractEditHandlerDetailsWebAction class, which now lives in the jira-mail-plugin artifact. There’s a StackOverflow question that may help you out: Replacing deprecated AbstractEditHandlerDetailsWebAction in Atlassian JIRA plugin for 7.X.

Thank you for reply!

I’m using Jira 7.3.0 and 10.0.4. jira-mail-plugin for Jira v. 7.2.0-QR20160503201236. After research I found that jira-mail-plugin doesn’t have JiraWebActionSupport.class but have AbstractEditHandlerDetailsWebAction.class instead of jira-api where situation is opposite… I will try to find old version of jira-mail-plugin, maybe this class was moved in previous versions.