License Feature Management on Atlassian Marketplace

Hello everyone,

I’m in the process of developing an application that I intend to list as a paid app on the Atlassian Marketplace. I have a question regarding managing features after the license period ends. I’m curious to know whether Atlassian handles this automatically or if I need to implement something in my code to disable features once the license expires. Any insights or experiences you can share on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

@HeenabenSardarbhaiCh,

I can give you the short answer: you must implement the “feature toggling” in your code based on the license information available inside your app. Exactly what/how that is available depends on Connect or Forge.

Hopefully, an experienced vendor can provide you more insight based on their work. I only have the shallow perspective from the Atlassian side and have not implemented licensing or feature toggling.

1 Like

Hi @ibuchanan ,

Thank you for your response. I’m currently using Forge. Could you suggest how I might implement feature toggling within my code?

Best regards,
Heena.

@HeenabenSardarbhaiCh,

No, I don’t know. Here’s a thread where some other community members are working through that:

Hope that gets you going in the right direction.

1 Like