Long running tasks support and Forge encrypted storage questions

Hello, I have questions:

1. Have you already implemented support for long-running tasks? If not, when do you plan to do it? What timeout will these long-running tasks have or already have? Here is a discussion about long-running tasks Developer Day - YouTube. In the video, it had been said that resolving this problem is in progress and it will still be in the progress next 6 months, but the video was in November 2020 and now it is May 2021. Have it’s already been implemented some solution?
  2. Is encrypted Forge storage already implemented? If not, when will it be done? How big will this storage be and how secure will it be? Is it suitable for storing PII e.g. bank card numbers, bank accounts? Forge encrypted storage is mentioned in this video Developer Day - YouTube.
2 Likes

There is some good conversation on this here: How to handle slow REST calls in Forge (10 seconds limit). Might be worth chiming in if your needs are different than those expressed already!

@AlexeyAleinikov

Is encrypted Forge storage already implemented? If not, when will it be done?

The Forge secure storage feature was just announced here:

How big will this storage be and how secure will it be? Is it suitable for storing PII e.g. bank card numbers, bank accounts?

The Forge platform quotas and limits documentation doesn’t specify secrets as a specific storage type. It looks to me like it’s a part of the whole storage quota.

For the type of data, I think there are specific regulatory regimes for specific kinds of data. Can you ask about more specific encryption standards, if you are trying to fit into one of those?

1 Like