Minimum requirements for Server-side if any?

Hi there,

I’ve been working on our migration support from Jira Server to Jira Cloud and I’ve had all the Server-side stuff implemented as advised in the instructions for creating the migration. However, now I’ve noticed that I might not need to do any customisation on the server-side, just do some “housekeeping” work on the Cloud-side after the migration is done and our cloud-backend gets the migration-webhook callback.

If that is the case, is it still mandatory to implement the Server-side migration support component, even if it is a kind of “null” component without any customisation for the migration process? So in practise, component that implements CloudMigrationListenerV1-interface and implements the relevant methods on the interface.

I have a hunch that it this is required, but if you could confirm my hunch, that would be great.

• Petri

Hi @PetriJuhaniRiipinen ,

I am @HariharanRajendran from App Migrations Team.

I understand that your app does not require any export logic from your server side app migration component, your app requires only processing on the cloud side when Jira core data is migrated and your app is notified via webhook event.

is it still mandatory to implement the Server-side migration support component

Yes, your server app should implement CloudMigrationListenerV1 interface and register the listener in order to get web hook notification to your cloud app after the Jira core data migration.

@HariharanRajendran,

Excellent, thanks for the quick answer. That’s what I’ll do then.

• Petri