I’m writing my first JIRA plugin (on-prem server version) and have a few questions.
Basically, I want to do the following :
- show the user a login page (url, user, pwd)
- this will result in a connection to an external REST API which gets a whole bunch of stuff to maybe turn into issues
- the user selects the item they want to import and which jira project, user, priority to assign
- the plugin creates an issue with sub-tasks per item
- that’s it - kindof like a multi-step wizard
I’ve been perusing the tutorials etc. and have started coding this based on the simple-issue-crud tutorial (https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-jira-issue-crud-servlet-and-issue-search/). I’ve got the communication bit down and can see how to proceed.
However, this would result in a multi-page interface with complete page refreshes between steps. I’d prefer a more fluid interface. I could always create a single Velocity template containing everything and handle visiblity updates via JS but this seems unweildly!
Is this ok or should I approach it differently? What are the best practices here?!