New Confluence Home EAP - How can Marketplace Partners be involved?

I just came across this article about the Confluence Home over on the Atlassian Community, stating that Atlassian is working on the next iteration of this experience. Since the Confluence Home has an integration point (Web Panel location atl.dashboard.secondary) and we are using that in one of our apps, we are highly interested in participating and learning if this will affect our app.

However, it looks like there is no announcement about this here on CDAC, but only the Atlassian Community. So, how can I as a Marketplace Partner participate in this? Is there going to be a separate announcement on here as well, or are we expected to scan the non-dev Atlassian Community for announcements like these and have to hope to be accepted into the customer facing EAPs?

Cheers,
Sven

8 Likes

I’m interested in this too and it would be good to know what the general direction is and what integration points will be added or removed.

2 Likes

Hi @sven.schatter and @james.dellow,

Thanks for bringing this up. I’ll try to find someone from the Confluence team to provide an update. It’s a public holiday in the US on Monday, so hopefully Tuesday their time.

Regards,
Dugald

4 Likes

Hi @sven.schatter and @james.dellow,

Thanks for the questions and your patience!

There will be no change to 3rd party app integration points or how they are surfaced in Home (the page that loads when you click “Home” in the top navigation)

In the Early Access Program, we are primarily trying out a different way to present your Recent pages, the Spaces you frequently visit, and introducing a new feature to help you discover relevant pages. Again, none of this will impact 3rd party app integration points or how they are surfaced.

Here are the main things that we are testing out to get feedback in Home:

• Using a new page card design that surfaces additional metadata to display your Recent pages (pages you’ve visited)

• Different location within the “Home” page to list the Spaces you’ve visited

• Showing a feed-like experience to help you discover relevant pages

The 3rd party app integration points in Home will not be changed.

Best,
DJ

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response @DJChung!

Sounds really good! Apologies if my post here may have sounded a bit panicky. There have been some cases in the past where stuff broke because of things like this so I tend to get a bit nervous when I see EAP announcements. You saying that this will not impact 3rd party apps makes me really happy. :slight_smile:

Really excited to see those! As someone who essentially bases their whole workday on Confluence I will hopefully be able to provide valuable feedback on this. Thanks again, and thanks to @dmorrow for chiming in as well! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Sven

3 Likes

Looking forward to getting your feedback, @sven.schatter!

2 Likes