New_content_added not firing on latest ver Chrome 104.0.5112.79

Hi Everyone,

I developed a JIRA plugin as web panel for user to signoff some information on issue view. And it makes use of JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED in JS to initialise the dialog form and event handler etc. It was all working fine for a very long time until recently i start to get feedback from user that the form is not rendering properly. After some investigation it seems the issue is happening on the latest Chrome version and JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED is simply just not firing (or at least the handler is not getting triggered). Could anyone help me to take a look about this?

Currently im able to reproduce even in local env, using
JIRA 8.5.2
Chrome 104.0.5112.79 (Mac)

And at the mean time, Safari is working totally fine.

(edit 1: seems also not able to reproduce on Windows, i would guess it’s only happening in Mac ver)

Best regards,
Anzhi

2 Likes

OK i spent some time to dig a bit. It seems that my NEW_CONTENT_ADDED handler binding was done within AJS.toInit(), and in the new version Chrome new content events are already firing before AJS.toInit() are executed, while in Safari and previous versions of Chrome it will be the correct sequence. Change AJS.toInit() to $(document).ready() seems to help with the situation.

3 Likes

Thanks @anzhi - we had the same issue with a plugin and that is definitely the fix. Working now!

Just got reported that issue is happening in Windows too. But still im not sure whether there will be any issue caused by changing from AJS.toInit() to $(document).ready(), would appreciate if someone could help to look into it.

We see it in Jira : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Why-does-Date-and-People-Panels-dissapear/qaq-p/2104700#M211373