[New Global issue create experience] Option cannot be selected, it has been locked from assigning to issues

Hi, I have identified bug in New Global issue create experience related to app fields.

We have a field called Templates provided by the app:
Module: jiraIssueFields (“type”: “single_select”)

Using PUT /rest/api/3/field/{fieldKey}/option/{optionId} you can update the configuration of the option, especially, you can tell in which project the option is available using “config” property:

{
    "id": 26545,
    "value": "Task in A",
    "properties": {
        "id": "26545",
        "key": "PMT-524",
        "projectsIdsThatTemplateAvailableIn": [
        ]
    },
    "config": {
        "scope": {
            "projects": [
            ],
            "projects2": [
                {
                    "id": 11122,
                    "attributes": []
                }
            ],
            "global": {
                "attributes": [
                    "notSelectable"
                ]
            }
        },
        "attributes": [
            "notSelectable"
        ]
    }
}

Option with such configuration is visible in New Global issue create experience, however, when you try to create issue you get an error:

When I switch back to old experience, everything works as expected

Hi Atlassian Team,
Any news on that? We have yet another customer facing this problem.

Hi, Maciej! I have been following your post for a few days as I received a support request related to a client that also contacted you about this. Since this is affecting your add-on, it might be best to raise a bug with our development support team to help looking into this, you can do it here: Contact Development Support

Hi,
Thank you, I have also posted a comment about my findings here: [JRACLOUD-77212] Updates to Issue Create (Please Watch) - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.. I will also contact the support.

[Edit] created DEVHELP-15183

1 Like

Hi @maciej.dudziak ,

This problem has been raised here as a bug report and shared with our engineering team as well: [JRACLOUD-79235] Using the new create issue experience, creating an issue fails when a custom field fails with "Option cannot be selected, it has been locked from assigning to issues" - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products..

Thank you for your patience with this.

Caterina