New monetisation opportunities - upcoming customer-facing study on Marketplace

We’ve heard from our numerous conversations with partners that there is a strong need to expand app offerings on Marketplace to include other Atlassian products to help your businesses continue to grow and scale.

The Atlassian research team will run a short survey on Marketplace targeting customers to identify new opportunities to bring on-board cloud apps for our other base products such as Trello, Bitbucket, OpsGenie etc.

We know you’re always keen to learn from our mutual customers and their needs, so, we’ve got you covered! :handshake:

We will share aggregated results from the survey to help you leverage newly identified customer need gaps and decide where to invest in future app-building efforts.

We hope to launch the survey by the end of this week.

The details:

• When: The study will run for one week or until we reach our required response rate that 1) will allow us to run our statistical tests with sufficient confidence and 2) represent our customer base appropriately. We will share the aggregated learnings 2 weeks after the survey ends via Developer Community.
  • Who: To minimise disruption to customers: we will target 10% of customers; those who have seen the message and opted out will not see the message again, and we will target the homepage and the search page to avoid disruption to your listings.
  • Why: We’ve selected this method for informing Atlassian’s decision-making because intercepts allow us to capture data at scale (i.e., quantitative data) quickly and while the topic is top of mind for the customer (e.g., app purchasing).
  • How: The survey will be a pop-up display as shown in the image below. Surveyed customers will only see the message one time.

We’ve shared this before launching the study to ensure we capture any concerns or feedback you may have before we launch. We’re hoping that you will find the results as valuable as we hope to!

Please add your thoughts below or message me directly here or via my email (mail to: nkamath@atlassian.com)).

Thanks for your feedback - teamwork makes the dream work

Nayantara & the ecosystem research team

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.