Not receiving page_restored events

Hi, I’m having troubles with the page_restored events.

Here is my atlassian-connect.json

"webhooks": [
      {
        "event": "page_created",
        "url": "/page/created",
        "excludeBody": false
      },
      {
        "event": "page_restored",
        "url": "/page/restored",
        "excludeBody": false
      },
       "scopes": [
            "act_as_user",
            "read",
            "write"
      ],
    ]

I receive the page_created events just fine, but not the page_restored.

Is the event fired when a user restores a page from history ? Is there a significant delay (> 1day?)

Never tried this in cloud but in Confluence server/DC there is a similarly named event class PageRestoredEvent and that one is fired when a page is restored from trash (if I remember it correctly). So maybe this Connect event behaves the same.

Hi Ronny, thanks for your reply. It appears that the restore from trash sends a page_updated event. It’s very confusing, and the documentation is pretty sparse, unfortunately.

@Corentin - Just to confirm, you are seeing a page_updated event but not the page_restored event?

Both of these docs lead me to believe that you’d see the page_restored instead of the page_updated.

May be some out of date documentation that needs to be cleaned up… :see_no_evil:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/managing-webhooks-1021225606.html
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/modules/webhook/

@bentley
Thanks for the links.
I’m receiving a page_updated event when restoring a page from the trash.
I don’t receive any event when using the restore function in the page history

1 Like

Hi, I was wondering if you had the opportunity to check on this ?

After submmitting a ticket to Atlassian, this has been confirmed as a bug, tracked here : [CONFCLOUD-74522] Restoring a page from history doesn’t trigger page_updated webhook event. - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.