Nothing to do. How do I tell JCMA?

If the user does not select any projects to migrate, how should the migration process report completion?

I understand that progress should be reported from the Jira Cloud side, but what if there aren’t any data to be migrated because the user hasn’t selected any projects?

Hi @david.pinn,

Are you referring to the progress reporting with a percentage, message and status of SUCCESS, FAILED or INCOMPLETE?

If so, you should report 100% and SUCCESS. This will help your migration success statistics and you can post a message to the user interface about nothing to do. Just because no projects were selected, for all apps doesn’t mean nothing is to be migrated. It’s really up to each app to determine when to migrate data.

Regards,
James.

OK, I guess I’m going to have to create some kind of content for the transfer just so that the Cloud side of our migration process can report 100% completion. Until now, we’ve been writing no content to the temporary cloud storage, which I believe is why we’re seeing the progress counter on the server-side sit endlessly on 0%.

Hi @david.pinn,

You don’t need to send content. You can listen for the listener-triggered webhook and send through a progress message of SUCCESS with 100%, if you determine there won’t be any required data.

Regards,
James.

Now I’m not so sure. The listener-triggered webhook notifies a cloud app when core product data migration is complete or incomplete, but it doesn’t indicate whether there are data to be transferred from the server-side. In responding to the listener-triggered webhook I don’t believe there’s a way for our app to determine that there is no work to do. I think we have to wait for the app-data-uploaded webhook and check that for an data payload. Does that sound right to you?

Hi @david.pinn,

When you receive the listener-triggered webhook, you can call

using ?containerType=JiraProject to see what projects were transferred for a specific transferId. This way, if the result is empty then you know no Projects were migrated.

Regards,
James.

1 Like