Now available: UI modifications allow you to change the Jira UI in the runtime

Thanks for your reply @asridhara. To be honest, there is nothing new in your post that we do not already know, and neither does it address any of the concerns raised. I do not want to divert too much from the main discussion here but will comment on a few items from your post:

Yes, I fully understand this but there are many things that could be done in the short term (example) to help with this apart from developing a whole new platform which is a multi-year journey and not a short-term fix. As Remie alluded to above, improving the Connect platform in that regard seems to be the much lower hanging fruit.

This is exactly my point. This feature is addressing a very specific use case that may benefit a few selected partners. At the same time, there are some really important foundational features still missing. All your post says about those is that Atlassian is working on them.

The timeline given in that blog post is not up to date anymore. The most recent update I have seen, indicates that this is delayed without a clear timeline.

I strongly believe the success for Forge will come from existing Connect apps and by bringing the ecosystem along yet Atlassian seems to prioritize features for newly built Forge apps instead. It just does not feel like we are on this journey together.

3 Likes