Partners can now opt in to share Security Self-assessment responses with customers

Hey @JakeComito In early 2020 there was a pilot to replace the existing self-assessment questionnaire with CAIQ Lite. I am curious if CAIQ Lite is completely off the table or what happened to the pilot?

I generally like this initiative but wonder if the existing self-assessment questionnaire is really sufficient for customers. Filling and updating CAIQ Lite annually is certainly more work than the existing self-assessment questionnaire but I felt partners and customers would get much more value from it. I also liked the CAIQ Lite initiative because it is something that is known in the industry and to customers. Also, the feedback from the review of the CAIQ Lite submission was very useful (this feedback loop does not exist with the self-assessment questionnaire).

We get security questionnaires from customers here and there and I can say they generally always go beyond what is in the existing self-assessment questionnaire (sometimes even beyond CAIQ Lite).

8 Likes