OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for method

Hello,

I am using 3LO rest APIs to connect with Jira.

While checking this API,

https://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/XXXXXXX/rest/api/3.0/users/picker?fieldName=customfield_10108&showAvatar=true&query=

it is returning response,

{
“errorMessages”: [
“OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for method: POST /rest/api/3.0/users/picker”
]
}

I have checked a scope as well while checking consent from the user.

Do I need to enable the specific endpoint from somewhere?

Hi @RohitPatil ,

I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the specific use case you are trying to do? Maybe there’s a different endpoint to help you achieve the same results.
  2. Can you share the link to the documentation where you found POST /rest/api/3.0/users/picker?

Cheers,
Ian

Hello @ianRagudo

Answering your questions,

1. What is the specific use case you are trying to do? Maybe there’s a different endpoint to help you achieve the same results.
    → I am calling the endpoint rest/api/3/issue/createmeta?projectIds=xxxx&issuetypeIds=xxxx&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields which is returning all the fields associated with issuetype.

In API response there is a field autoCompleteUrl which is used to re-fetch the dynamic data associated with specific field. for ex. Image 2022-08-22 at 11.19.3...

1. Can you share the link to the documentation where you found POST /rest/api/3.0/users/picker?
    → I am getting this endpoint from the API it self that described above. [ Image 2022-08-22 at 11.19.3... ]

Thanks for the clarification, @RohitPatil.

In the provided screenshot, the autoCompleteUrl uses /rest/api/1.0/users/picker while in the error log snippet it says POST /rest/api/3.0/users/picker. I’m wondering if you have tried using /1.0? Also, are you using a POST (based on the logs) instead of a GET to fetch the data?

Cheers,
Ian

Hello @ianRagudo

I have tried both GET and POST with valid access token also have checked with all possible available methods but didn’t work for anything. REF: Image 2022-08-22 at 12.29.3...

Hi @RohitPatil,

Okay, I was able to replicate the issue. It is currently working for basic auth

https://{myinstance}.atlassian.net/rest/api/1.0/users/picker?fieldName=customfield_10087&showAvatar=true&query=

but fails using OAuth 2 as you’ve mentioned.

After further digging, unfortunately, it seems like you are experiencing an existing bug as mentioned in this topic Createmeta field autoCompleteUrl OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for this method.

Ohhh OK! Is there any estimation to fixing this bug?