'OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for this method.' error for get labels in Jira

Hi there,
I get ‘OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for this method.’ error when using /rest/api/3/label endpoint. The result is the same for asApp() and asUser() methods. Also tried to specify that I want to use the GET method. I have added all the necessary scopes and permissions as in the documentation it looks like it should work.

Does anybody know how to fix this? According to this thread it seems like the documentation might be missing the information that you can’t use this endpoint in forge: Querying labels using 3LO (403 OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for this method)

1 Like

Can you share your App Manifest with us, just to be sure? And you did deploy those changes AND upgrade your app after you added the required scopes? (Changes in scopes or egress rules require upgrade, everything else is automatic)

Sure, this is my app manifest:

permissions:
  scopes:
    - 'write:jira-work'
    - 'read:jira-work'
modules:
  jira:issueAction:
    - key: clone-template-issue-action
      function: main
      title: Clone Template
  function:
    - key: main
      handler: index.run

I didn’t change anything there, the scopes where there already before, so I think there is no update necessary. Do I miss something? Other endpoints like get all projects paginated work as expected and without any problems. Only the get labels request is showing this error.

Hi @rmassaioli
any update on this one? The problem is still not solved on my side. Furthermore, I am getting the same error when trying to use the “/rest/api/3/search?jql=…” endpoint. I used it in an older app without route and it worked fine. Now it seems I am forced to use it with route like

api.asUser().requestJira(route`/rest/api/3/search?jql=...`, {
                headers: {
                    'Accept': 'application/json'
                }
            });

but I get the same error saying “OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for this method.”
The permissions are set correctly, same as in the manifest example in my last post.