Personal data reporting API - User view and usage

Hello!
I implemented usage of personal data reporting API, it works and Jira returns 204 code (The request is successful and no action by the app is required, with respect to the accounts sent in the request.)
But I don’t understood, how regular Jira user can see result of usage this API (Any information that some app stores personal data)? How regular Jira user can use this information, what user can do with it?
App gets some info from Jira cloud. Is worklogs personal data? It looks that it public data (company data) for all users which has access to project.

Best regards, Roman.

Can you give more details to what api you’re talking about? Are you talking about https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/user-privacy-developer-guide/ (ie /rest/atlassian-connect/latest/report-accounts )?

If so - that is not for end users but rather for apps that have downloaded personal data and stored/manipulated it on their end (and then to be displayed later on to the user). That api allows you as an app to identify which users you’ll need to update or erase…

/Daniel

1 Like

Hi!

(ie /rest/atlassian-connect/latest/report-accounts )

Yes.

That api allows you as an app to identify which users you’ll need to update or erase…

That’s what I need. Thanks!