Plugin always disabled and can't enable it

With the new Confluence DC version 8.8.0 I can’t enable my app. The app is per default disabled and when trying to click on the button to enable it I get this error: This app failed to enable. Refer to the logs for more information.
And I can’t get it enabled. Does someone know what the issue is and how I can fix it?
Thanks.

You should:

HI, thank you for your answer. I had a look on the documentation but it didn’t helped me. I also didn’t found anything in the logs.

Hiya @DominikGashi. We (and a load of other people) have been having similar problems trying to get apps compatible with Confluence 8.8.0.

Disabling dev mode might do it. Add the following to your pom.xml under the <plugin><configuration> :

<systemPropertyVariables>
    <atlassian.dev.mode>false</atlassian.dev.mode>
    <upm.plugin.upload.enabled>true</upm.plugin.upload.enabled>
</systemPropertyVariables>

Mentioned over on Preparing for Confluence 9.0 - EAP coming soon - #26 by RomanStoffel, so please give any thanks there if it does indeed work.

If you’re running a standalone instance instead of using atlas-run/atlas-debug you can pass those same parameters like so:

atlas-run-standalone --product confluence --version 8.8.0 --jvmargs "-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m" --maven-plugin-version 8.13.5 -Datlassian.dev.mode=false -Dupm.plugin.upload.enabled=true
1 Like

Hi AndrewMorton, Thank you for your help. Unfortunately it didn’t helped do enable the plugin again. I tried with your suggestion to add it in my pom.xml but it’s still disabled and also can’t enable it.

Hi,

I have the same issue in 8.8.0 when developing a plugin, confluence loads, but my addon is disabled and can’t be enabled
@DominikGashi were you able to solve it?

@DominikGashi I made it work with @AndrewMorton answer,
I’ll leave this comment in case someone has an issue like me:
I’m using atlas-debug the only change is --Datlassian.dev.mode=false should be with only one dash (-) -Datlassian.dev.mode=false, then upload your addon

Hi @FranciscoNeri I made it work with @AndrewMorton answer. In the beginning I thought that the solution isn’t working but then I saw that we hade some other issues that we had to fix first. But the main issue that we had was fixed with @AndrewMorton answer!

Whoops, that’s an inconvenient typo to make…
Thanks for pointing it out! I’ve edited the original reply to use the one dash (-) as it should.