Plugin com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:8.0.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved

Hi,

I am trying to build our custom plugin for jira. When I run atlas-run CLI command, I get the following error.

The following are the parameters for my plugin :
Jira version : 8.2.3
Amps version : 8.0.2

<plugin>
                <groupId>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</groupId>
                <artifactId>jira-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>${amps.version}</version>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <productVersion>${jira.version}</productVersion>
                    <productDataVersion>${jira.version}</productDataVersion>
                </configuration>
         </plugin>

Amps v8.0.2 uses artifactId “jira-maven-plugin” for “com.atlassian.maven.plugins”. But the error is quite weird that it tries to download “maven-jira-plugin” for version 8 from the repository.

[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:8.0.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:jar:8.0.2 in https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of atlassian-public has elapsed or updates are forced @
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kumar

Hi,

with version 8 of AMPS, they changed the plugin names. Look for references to maven-jira-plugin in your pom.xml and replace them with jira-maven-plugin.

Cheers,
Tobi

1 Like

Hi @tobitheo,
Thanks for the reply!

I am using “jira-maven-plugin” for AMPS 8.0.2 (Please see my plugin for jira-maven-plugin in my initial question). This is the only reference I can find in my pom. But somehow, when I try to run it is picking “maven-jira-plugin” instead of “jira-maven-plugin”.

Thanks!
Kumar

Hi Kumar,

have you tried a atlas-mvn clean since the change? Sometimes old build artifacts are still hanging around in the target directory and that kills them. Then try atlas-debug again.

The other thing I can think of is if one of your dependencies is still using the wrong plugin (or if you have a multi-module project where the parent pom or one of the siblings are still using the wrong plugin).

Cheers,
Tobi

Hi @tobitheo, yes, the parent pom dependencies are still using old artifacts. Thank you!

That’s great to hear! Would you be so kind as to mark my above message as a solution to this topic please? It helps others with the same problem find the solution more quickly and gets me some nice bragging rights :wink:

Cheers,
Tobi

1 Like