Postponed: Effective September 30, 2023, this announcement category (Confluence Data Center Announcements) will no longer be used to announce changes and will be converted to read-only

Hi Community!

This plan has been postponed

Effective September 30, 2023, this announcement category will no longer be used to announce changes and will be converted to read-only. All changes will be posted in the Developer changelog . Please ensure you subscribe to updates from the Developer changelog to ensure you stay informed of changes. To help prevent our partners from missing critical updates to Developer changelog in the event you aren’t subscribed or miss an update, we are also featuring high-impact changes across Developer changelog within the monthly Marketplace Partner Skim blog on Partner Portal within the Product and Platform changes section.”

This is part of Atlassian’s ongoing efforts to improve the consistency of our communications with developers and partners and restore the Developer Community site to its primary purpose as a discussion and support forum.Using the Developer changelog, you’ll have the ability to:

• Filter the types of notices at a more granular level
  • Setup one or more custom feeds across all changelog components vs. subscribing category by category

Although we’re shifting where these announcements are posted, we encourage you to continue asking questions and initiate discussions here on the Developer Community site as you do for all topics.

Here are a few tips and next steps to help ease the transition:

• Action: Setup (or update) your subscription feed to the Developer changelog to include the components you need
  • On September 30, 2023 Atlassian will convert the announcement category to “read-only” allowing users to read historical announcements and no future announcements will be possible.
  • Ongoing: Atlassian will continue to promote changes communicated through our Developer changelog and remind users to subscribe to the changelog in regular communications posted in the partner portal as well as in content used on Developer.atlassian.com to educate all audiences about content and communication channels we use.

There doesn’t seem to be a “Confluence Data Center” component listed in the changelog. Any plans to add that, or is there a different component we should subscribe to?

6 Likes

Hey @AsiaLewis, after “shutting down” the second alternative this year (first one being the Confluence Release Notes page) to be notified about new Confluence releases, the new method you commend your customers to use is not working as of now.
I understand this is to centralize communication channels and in the long term improve information flow. But when announcing such changes, the presented alternatives should work at the time of writing about it.
Should every customer now check the developer changelog everyday to see if there is a Confluence category? Subscribing to the whole changelog is also not reasonable as the important/wanted information probably gets lost in all the noise.
I would be grateful if you could bring this issue to the attention of the people responsible.

3 Likes

Subscribing to the whole changelog is also not reasonable as the important/wanted information probably gets lost in all the noise.

Having done this^ out of desperation, I agree. Especially because the RSS feed doesn’t clearly identify the component involved on each post.

1 Like

Hi @DanMercer, apologies for the delayed response. We will have an update on the API group for Confluence Data Center next week. Thanks for your patience.

Hi @IDiALSupport , apologies for the delayed response. I acknowledge that we should have had the groups created at the time of the announcement. We will have an update on the API group for Confluence Data Center next week. Thanks for your patience.

The new site seems cumbersome and there appear to still be no data center updates. Also is there no longer information on major long term support feature sets?

In addition there is a star rate and comment feature. That feature does not allow you to actually comment. Here is the comment I would have put in there if it allowed that.

The old feature release notes were much more helpful. How do I filter to find “Latest stable long term support” version notes?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-release-notes-327.html

to

(this site)

To this page with no context

It’s a poor customer experience for enterprise clients trying to see what they get at different versions of jump for data center.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.