Preparing for Jira 9.0 - multiple EAPs coming your way

Hey Raimonds!
Indeed! Thank you for pointing out the typo!

Hi @RomanKolosovskiy

I decided to check the non-public version of Jira 9 and I have one question, will it be possible to restore the old workflow transitions in the issue view?

Hi @adam.labus, as the workflow transitions change on the issue view improves the performance and provides an aesthetic update, we are not planning of giving the option of going back to the current logic and look&feel.
Could you share with us why would you like to go back?

Any update on when we can expect to see the EAP? We are keen to get started testing, as we anticipate Jira 9 might require a lot of change within ScriptRunner.

Hi @mrzymski

I am asking because many of my business clients may have trouble understanding how it works, in my opinion it is a huge change from “quick preview what actions I can take in specific process” to “color button what status I am, where is my actions?”.

Second, in this solution the names of the transition probably get shorter and the emphasis is on the name/color of the status (not always important from the point of view of many processes)

Overall… I think the user experience may be worse than it was before the change.

Best regards
Adam

Thanks @adam.labus, I got your concerns and I’ll take your feedback to the designer and the team that worked on the feature.

Kind regards,
Maciej

1 Like

Hey Reece!
It’s available :slight_smile: now: Jira Server Early Access Program (EAP) | Atlassian

1 Like

Hey Folks!
The first eap is released!
Here are the highlights: Jira 9.0 has a release candidate!
You can find the download here: Jira Server Early Access Program (EAP) | Atlassian

1 Like

@RomanKolosovskiy - I have apps that integrate with Automation for Jira, both the pro and lite version. Meaning, we provide actions, triggers, conditions, etc. I want to make sure this continues working.

Given that Automation will be included in Jira, how does that impact any app that currently integrates with it?

• do the integrations (actions/triggers/etc) that apps provide continue working seamlessly?
  • are there any code changes required on our end to maintain the integrations?
  • can any app integrate with Automation? Some years ago, the Lite version of Automation for Jira stopped allowing app integrations. Certain apps were grandfathered in, to allow backwards compatibility. How is this handled going forward?
  • are existing rules that use our actions/triggers/conditions impacted by this release in any way shape or form? Meaning, is there a potential those rules will break, or need to be changed, or updated, or whatever?
  • are there any new capabilities we should be aware of as part of this release?
1 Like

Hey! Thank you for your questions.

We haven’t introduced any changes related to integrations - both for Automation for Jira, and the A4J ServerLite version. All actions, triggers and conditions that these apps provide, will continue working seamlessly. A4J Server Lite limitations remain unchanged. As always, we recommend testing these integrations to make sure there is no impact.

We’re not introducing new functionalities in Automation for Jira in Jira 9.

2 Likes

Hi @adam.labus

I’d like to understand your concerns better through a quick conversation. If you would like to talk, please send me an email at nsilhacek@atlassian.com.

Thanks for your input!

Hi,
Could Atlassian-Staff please point me to a Jira 9 App platform pom.xml thanks :slight_smile:

I would prefer a full file including this:

<dependencyManagement>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
                <artifactId>jira-project</artifactId>
                <version>${jira.version}</version>
                <type>pom</type>
                <scope>import</scope>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
    </dependencyManagement>

Should I use this 9.0.0-QR-20211224040439 as Jira version to build against Jira 9 for now?

thanks.

Hi @clouless

use 9.0.0-m0001

<jira.version>9.0.0-m0001</jira.version>

Cheers
Adam

1 Like

Thanks @OlgaSpringer, that’s great to hear!

A related question is whether the existing JSM automation feature is going to be deprecated and renamed to ‘Legacy automation’ in Jira 9, similar to how this has already been enacted in Jira Cloud as per Legacy automation is being superseded by Automation in Jira Service Management?

1 Like

Hey!
In Jira Data Center ‘JSM automation’ will be renamed to ‘Legacy Automation’. We’re not considering deprecation of Legacy Automation in Jira Data Center just yet, however, that may change in the future.

1 Like

I really hope that jQuery gets finally an update: [JRASERVER-71172] Update the version of Jquery used in Jira - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Hi!
When can we expect a release of jira-testkit? Some of the APIs there are failing due to the changes in UserUtil and UserManager.

1 Like

I am sorry for this question. I manage to fix it, the problem is with version 8.2.0 in 8.1.44 it is working. I saw that 8.1.44 is newer that 8.2.0 and it is the one in the jira-testkit-plugin repo.

Hi,
Last week we’ve released Jira 9.0 EAP 02. You can check all the details here: Jira 9.0 has a release candidate!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.