Problems with invoke when dealing with temporary sections as another user

Hello team,
We have the following problem, as administrators we start section temporarily as another user, but the moment we want to open a component created with forge in the issue panel, we have the following error. Could someone help us with a solution or the reason why we get that.

Hi @CristinaBalczar,

I just came across a conversation about a fix being worked on for this problem. The fix is currently being deployed and should reach all production environments in a few days.

Let us know if it’s still happening early next week.

Cheers,
Caterina

Hi @ccurti,

Thank you very much for your response, we will keep an eye on how it works next week.

Best Regards,
Cristina

Hi @ccurti,

I have checked today, but the problem persists, could you help me with an exact date in which this error will be solved. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Cristina Balcazar

Hi @CristinaBalczar,

I’ve reached out to our developers and this looks a problem slightly different from the one I original found.

For this case, there isn’t a solution as user impersonation is not currently supported by Forge (here is the link to the corresponding suggestion: FRGE-1214

The error that we see is caused by a mismatch between what Jira thinks the user is (the impersonated user) and the one recognized by the Forge platform (the administrator user). Because of this mismatch, the invocation is rejected.

Hope this helps to clarify what’s leading to the error,
Caterina

2 Likes

Hi @ccurti,

Thank you very much for your answer, that sounds bad for us, this is something we need to make it work somehow, when we do the same with a user, but in admin areas this does work without giving problems, the components created by forge do load correctly, could you help me with some tentative date on what this will work.

Best regards,
Cristina Balcázar M.

Hi @CristinaBalczar,

I’ve checked this with my colleagues and I have a few more questions for you.

When you say:

as administrators we start section temporarily as another user

Do you mean that you are using the “Log in as another user” feature?

And if that’s the case, what is the reason for that? Is that for testing the app features or is there another use case?

Thanks,
Caterina

2 Likes

Hi @ccurti,

Yes, I am referring to the functionality Log in as user, we are using it for testing purposes, since the application we are developing shows certain things depending on the user that is logged in, and we need to test with different users and configurations that present the application developed in Forge, that is why we use the functionality, and we realized that it does not work with modules such as jira:issue-panel and others, but when we try with administration modules such as jira:adminPage it loads the application information and works correctly. If you need more information let me know.

Thanks,
Cristina

Hi @CristinaBalczar,

Thanks for that. The use case is clear now! However, we concluded today that the Log in as user is not supported by Forge so I’ve created a ticket for that FRGE-1222.

The only workaround I can think of is to create users for testing with the same settings as the ones being impersonated via the admin function.

Caterina

1 Like

Hi @ccurti,

Thank you very much for your prompt response, we will be waiting for a solution soon.

Best regards,
Cristina