Project.key is null randomly

We use {project.key} in atlassian-connect.json to get the project key but randomly in some Jira Cloud instances the param is null

"url": "/index.htm?pkey={project.key}"

We use Atlassian Connect Express. Anybody experienced the same issue?

Thanks,
Tam

Hi @TamNagasada,

I think there may have temporarily been an issue in Jira as this was also reported in Context parameters not working in Jira. Let me know if you are still seeing this.

Regards,
Dugald

Thanks @dmorrow, the issue happened on our instance devsamurai.atlassian.net yesterday and still persists.

Thanks,
Tam

Hi @TamNagasada,

What module is this problem occurring in?

Regards,
Dugald

It happened in jiraProjectPages module.

Thanks - I’ll investigate.

1 Like

@dmorrow Have you found anything? The issue still persists and same problem started on other Jira instance.

Hi @TamNagasada,

Yesterday I reproduced your issue, but today I can’t. These are the steps I am following:

1. Create an app containing a project page module with the url including query parameters: projectKey={project.key}&projectId=${project.id}
  2. Visit any issue page.
  3. Click on the project page web item in the left nav.
  4. Using the browser’s developer tools, inspect the URL of the app iframe and check the values of the projectKey and projectKey query parameters.

Are you still able to reproduce your problem? If so, are you following these steps or another sequence of operations?

Regards,
Dugald

Hi @dmorrow,

Thanks for the update.
The issue happened at exactly the same steps you used to reproduce.
It doesn’t persist on 2 instances affected yesterday anymore.

The thing is it seems happen temporarily on random projects, random instances. We experienced the issue couple of times and it gone after couple of hours but this time it took more than 1 day.

Thanks,
Tam

It’s happening with (at least) one of our customers. In their case it’s the {project.id} that isn’t being set in the URL path. I’m meeting with them in about an hour from now to verify.

Our customer reports that the problem seems to have been rectified.

Thanks. I’ve created https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-2221 and followed up with a note to the Jira Ecosystem team to indicate this is continuing to have customer impact.

Hi @TamNagasada,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Hi @jtrzebiatowski

The issue didn’t happen recently. I’ll let you know in this ticket if it occurs

Thanks,
Tam