Question: Hello world app from tutorial loading infinitely

I followed this tutorial here Getting started exactly…
but after clicking on the Greeting tab in the apps section, the app keeps loading infinitely and shows Something went wrong error. Please help
these are my terminal windows:

edit: I tried local tunnel: Localtunnel ~ Expose yourself to the world instead of ngrok, and it works. I still don’t know what the problem with ngrok is though

1 Like

Welcome to the Atlassian Developer Community, @GHMahimaanvita!

I tried the tutorial you linked and created the two files mentioned while copying the contents. So far it is working as expected on my end.

In your screenshot, what is the hello-world-page-jira being mentioned in the console logs?

Cheers,
Ian

Hello @iragudo
Thank you for replying.
Im sorry, I posted a wrong screenshot previously(from when I was experimenting with ACE framework)…
These are the correct browser console warnings

I also posted my terminal screenshot in the question…can you please take a look at it too?
Thank you

Hi @GHMahimaanvita,

This is a bit tricky to diagnose as the guide works for me. To cover all the bases, here are the node and ngrok versions I used:

• node: v12.22.10 and v16.15.0 (I tried two different versions just in case)
  • ngrok: 3.0.5 (I see that you are still using version 2)

Here are possible scenarios I can think of that may yield similar results to that of you are experiencing.

1. The ngrok authtoken was not registered, or
  2. ngrok was restarted causing the forwarding URL to change while the descriptor file (atlassian-connect.json in the example) still uses the stale value of baseUrl

With this statement, is it safe to say that there is no problem with the app and guide but more on how ngrok was setup and/or used?

Cheers,
Ian

Hello @iragudo
Yes…the problem is with ngrok and not with the tutorial
I registered the ngrok authtoken and I changed the base url to the new one each time I restarted the tunnel … so I’m pretty sure the problem is not 1. or 2.
If you find a solution to it…I would really appreciate it if you let me know.
Thanks for your help!

Mahima

Thanks for the confirmation, @GHMahimaanvita. By any chance, were you able to try the latest ngrok version?

Ian

I tried installing it…but It is giving me this error
Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 6.35.16 PM

It’s probably because of free version of ngrok and it’s first screen. Could anybody with paid version confirm ?