Сreated Issue ID

Hi,

I’ve implemented few custom fields types for Jira Cloud.
The values of field can depend on the values of another field (cascading select fields). However, this feature is difficult to implement in the create issue modal window. Because the fields are rendered in separate iframes, they don’t know anything about each other. I could connect the fields to each other only on the backend, but for this I need to accurately identify the created issue. But context of the created issues contains only two fields:

"issue": {
      "type": "Task",
      "typeId": "10002"
    }

Are there any ways to identify the issue that is being created? For example, a temporary ID.
If such possibilities are not available, then perhaps such information could be added to the context in the near future.

Hi @Alex_Basatski ,

Because the fields are rendered in separate iframes, they don’t know anything about each other.

Perhaps it would be feasible for your app to use the events API to share information between the iframes.

Regards,
Dugald

2 Likes

Hi @dmorrow
Thanks for the idea. But my application was implemented on Forge platform. Sorry, I forgot to write about it.
Forge has the Events API too, but it doesn’t work in static modules that contain the UI of my fields. Maybe I did something wrong.

At the same time, we need to identify the issue being created, because when passing messages between iframes, we have to be sure that the fields are in the same modal window for creating the issue, and not in different ones. Users can create issues at the same time. One user can create several issues at the same time in separate tabs of his browser.

I solved the problem using the Forge events API. Iframes communicate within the same page/tab of the browser. Exactly what I need.