What impact will this have on my app if I do not make the change?
If all.js does not load properly, the result will be a non-functional app experience for the customer. Specifically, all Connect framework functions and API calls made by your app will break.
When does this change go into effect?
We announced that changes would take place on Feb 1, 2020, and have already started to roll them out into production. If your app is still loading all.js from the tenant URL, then your app is currently at risk of not functioning properly.
How do I update my app?
If your app is built using one of our official toolkits, Atlassian Connect Express for Node.js or Atlassian Connect Spring Boot for Java, we recommend updating to the latest version by following the directions below. There are also directions below for apps built using other/custom toolkits.
For Node.js apps built with Atlassian Connect Express:
- Open a terminal
- Go to your app’s root directory
- Type the following in command, which will update package.json and install the latest version of ACE in your app:
npm install atlassian-connect-express@* --save
For Java apps built with Atlassian Connect Spring Boot:
- Open your app’s pom.xml file in your editor (typically located in project base directory)
- Bump the <atlassian-connect-spring-boot.version> version to 2.0.3 (the latest version)
For apps built using different toolkits, or your own home-grown code:
- Follow instructions for updating all.js source location