Removal of deprecated code in Universal Plugin Manager

Motivation

In the enterprise data center platform team we are preparing for the next major release of our Platform, with that comes some new deprecations and our intent to remove deprecated code. The latest deprecations for Universal Plugin Manager can be found in version 5.1.0 which was released on September 1, 2021.

We intend to remove some existing deprecations from UPM as part of the next major platform release. At your earliest convenience please where possible migrate to alternative code paths once the host product supports the above version of UPM.

Migration Guide

Please see our UPM migration guide for code we plan to remove in a future Platform release.

2 Likes

@MaciejSmolczewski - hello.atlassian.net is not publicly accessible

6 Likes

Could we please get a publicly accessible link @MaciejSmolczewski ?

2 Likes

Sorry. I’ve updated the link. Now it should be fine.

2 Likes

Can you please explain to me how this works for Jira Data Center and my DC app?
I use this in my pom.xml

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.upm</groupId>
            <artifactId>licensing-api</artifactId>
            <version>3.0.1</version>
            <!-- dony by confluence-plugins-platform-pom -->
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.upm</groupId>
            <artifactId>upm-api</artifactId>
            <version>3.0</version>
            <!-- dony by confluence-plugins-platform-pom -->
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

I use scope provided and use the platform pom.

With which version of Jira comes the new UPM and how can I make my app work against UPM 5.0 and less and UPM 6.0? At best it would be included in Jira 9 so that there is a defined “cut”.

With which version of Jira comes the new UPM
UPM 5.x.x is bundled since Jira 8.18. Since then you should be able to migrate 5.0.x/5.1.x version. At this moment no other products support UPM 5.x.x.

Also I’d like to announce that we’ve released 5.1.2 version that fixes compatibility issues in 5.1.0. If yoy’ve looked the migration guide then you know that new methods were added to com.atlassian.upm.api.license.entity.PluginLicense interface.
Since they didn’t have default implementations then anyone implementing them would get compilation errors. Release 5.1.2 fixes that.

1 Like

Ok this answers the question only partly :slight_smile:
When will UPM 6.x.x be “bundled”. Or let’s ask differently:
When I run Jira 8.18 and UPM 6 is released, will I be able to click on “Update UPM” and run Jira 8.18 with UPM 6?
So how can an app be safe to know which Jira Version supports which range of UPM?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.