Request created in JIRA API not retrieved in Service Desk API

Greetings! We’re doing development using both the “standard” JIRA API and the Service Desk API. I’m seeing that a Request created in the standard API cannot be retrieved using the Service Desk API. Likewise, when I create a Request using the JIRA web UI, the request cannot be retrieved using the Service Desk API.

I see that I can retrieve a Request using the Service Desk API when either 1) the Request is created using the Service Desk API, or 2) the Request is created using the Service Desk’s customer portal.

I’m currently testing against an on-premise Service Desk 3.5 server. Attempts to retrieve Requests created using the standard API give a 404 response with a body like:

{
    "errorMessage": "The request could not be found, or you do not have permission to see it.",
    "i18nErrorMessage": {
        "i18nKey": "sd.attachment.error.issue.not.found",
        "parameters": []
    }
}

I’m happy to provide further requests and responses. However I suspect I’m just missing something simple. :wink:

Thanks for any advice.

After subsequent search, I confirmed this is expected behaviour. This link has advice on setting the request type, which will ensure that requests created in the core API will be visible in the Service Desk API:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-set-request-type-when-creating-an-issue-via-rest-api-using-rest-api-2-issue-endpoint-938041214.html