Sales Pipeline Graph for Jira Project

Dear Atlassian community,

I am tasked with developing a sales pipeline graph for a JIRA project, similar to what you would find here:

The graph would basically pull issue data from a single JIRA project and look at variables such as deal value and probability. My question is, what would be the correct way to pursue this problem? I went through this tutorial for creating a custom JIRA report plugin:

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/projects/tutorial-creating-a-jira-report

After setting up the Atlassian SDK, and following the directions closely, I still ran into a lot of issues. Also, as a novice developer, a lot of it seems to be a little too challenging for my first time developing a plugin. I was hoping that you guys could point me in the right direction, and let me know if there are any other, free, or low cost alternatives to creating this report. If learning how to develop a plugin is my only option, it would be great if someone could show me some easy to follow guides, or offer some helpful advice, on how to create something like this.

Thank you,
Kevin Yin

Hi Kevin,

A low cost alternative could be to use an app that is already available. We are working on an app that allows you to manage sales in JIRA and generate a report such as this one. It’s available for JIRA Cloud, you can learn more in the marketplace.

The sales functionality is in closed beta. If you send me a message I’ll include you in the beta so you can start using it.

Cheers,
Maarten

Thank you Maarten, my company will definitely be considering that option. If anyone has any advice for plugin development, please let me know!

If you are more experienced in Excel functions, charts, etc. than in JIRA add-on development, then you can create this report with zero or minimal (Groovy) programming using the Better Excel Plugin.

You would need to create a custom template that export the corresponding fields from your JIRA issues and ultimately renders a chart from that.

To get a feel about how it looks, watch the video here: Charts - Better Excel Exporter for Jira | Midori

According to ISO 31000, risk is the “effect of uncertainty on objectives”, and an effect is a positive or negative deviation from what is expected.

What you describe as a sales pipeline is just a risk matrix wherein the impacts are all positive. Consider the following risk model, in which combinations of impact (deal value) and probability are mapped to categories.

Now we can map Jira issues onto the risk matrix, where the colors represent the categories.

I know it doesn’t look like a funnel; how important is that anyway?

Disclosure: I’m the developer of Risk Register for Jira.

I’m almost regretting that I don’t sell an add-on that solves this problem… as this would have been a perfect place to paste a link to it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I hate it when people do that.

(Sorry!!! Couldn’t help myself.)

Hahaha, no worries, you have some credits as a fresh laureate. I was just having some fun watching this thread unfold