Scheduling a Task at Regular Intervals Regardless of Installation Time

For our project we need a script running each full hour. Better would be every 15 or 30 minutes. Since the scheduled trigger time depends on the installation time and has a maximum run time, it is not optimal for our situation. Is there a way to solve this issue?

Hi, take a look at this Forge module:
https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/manifest-reference/modules/scheduled-trigger/
It allows you to schedule the execution of functions.

1 Like

Scheduled triggers are not running on full hours (eg. 05:00) but depending on installation time (eg. 05:27).
Also, as far as I know, they have a maximum run time until they get cancelled automatically. That means you can’t wait for the full hour to occur after starting, e.g. if the trigger happens at 05:27 its not possible to wait until 06:00 and execute scripts then.
So there probably needs to be another solution, or am I misinformed?

1 Like

My understanding of scheduled trigger is the same, that it’s based on intervals instead of fixed time, hopefully that be supported soon (or perhaps the feature exists and we missed it) but at the mean time, I haven’t tried this idea and it might be unnecessarily complicated - what if you use some form of cron job outside of Forge or even something like AWS EventBridge Scheduler to schedule a Lambda function that calls Forge web trigger?