I am trying to create a script plugin for our jira server to be able to deploy all of my scripted custom fields. I found the articles (part1 and part2) of Alexey Matveev and managed to deploy my first scripted fields using an UpgradeTask. Now I want to try to deploy a real-life version of one of my scripted fields which uses a custom template.
I found this question in which the answer of Thanos Batagiannis shows how to create a scripted field with the ScriptFieldCreationInfo.Builder.newBuilder() using the method setCustomTemplate(). Here the template is given as a string parameter.
I have several questions here:
- Is it possible to pass a filename for a velocity-template here or does it have to be a string?
- Is there a convenient way to create multiple fields in one Task or do I have to create one task for one field?
- What other methods are available here?
- Is there an API reference or other documentation for this builder and other classes?
- The article of Alexey Matveev also says, that “An upgrade task will be executed only if it has never been executed yet.”. Does this mean, that I have to uninstall my plugin if I want to update a specific field (e.g. new template code or other script file)?
I also posted this question here.