Seeing in API metrics 403 response

Hi there,

One of the users tried to install our plugin in their sandbox and when the plugin was loading the initial data it failed. And the only error I can see is in API Metrics that some API calls return 403. And it is a Atlassian product API.

Is there a way to see which API calls? Or how to best troubleshoot this error?

The plugin does use JIRA cloud API endpoints like:

• /rest/api/2/priority
  • Storage API
  • /rest/api/3/user/groups

The rest of the users do not experience this error and I can not see any error in Invocation metrics.

Thank you

Something seems to have broken in regards to access control in the past day or so – here’s what my 7 day history looks like (note: I haven’t updated the app in over a month)

Currently have an open support ticket for this.

1 Like

We’re going to be releasing a drill down view for the API metrics dashboard next week. If you can share your account ID with me, my team can give you early access which can help you debug this.

Hi Reddy, when you say account ID do you mean the App Id Guid?

It is the one that comes when we enter ‘forge whoami’ in CLI

Thanks Chandana, my account id is 60a1b4e375e875006ff1067f

It’s enabled for you Ben, You should see a “More details” link in the chart that takes you to a detailed view.

2 Likes

Hi,

can you please enable it for me too? Account ID 6279f69598eae500689def8c

Thank you

It’s enabled now.

1 Like

thank you.

do you know why the request name that is returing 403 is “unknown” ?

Thank you

If you see “unknown” in a request API table where URLs are expected, it could be due to two possible reasons:

1. The site might be running on an older version of the app. In previous versions of the runtime, “unknown” was sometimes sent for certain API calls.
  2. It could be because we were unable to match the URL internally with the products OpenAPI spec definition. This is quite unlikely.
1 Like

for the 1st point, does that mean that maybe the user is using an app that is not updated to the latest version or it can be that app is using API v2?

Looking into the console I can see the user has installed the latest app, and I can not see this "unknown” request for the rest of the users. I am not sure if it is related but the user is running this app in sandbox.

Is there a way tot debug this?

Thank you

This could be the reason although I am not sure why. We’ll investigate more if this is the case. We have not seen the issue since Mar 1.

and will you upate me about this here?
Yes makes sense, since the user can not use this plugin the error is not appearing in logs now.