SEN will be replaced for cloud apps starting October 2023

Hi developer community,

We’ve announced a new date for SEN replacement for cloud apps. Please see the changelog entry here and the quick reference guide here on the Partner Portal for more details.

You can find details about how SEN will be replaced for cloud apps here, and explore other changes related Atlassian’s transition to a new cloud billing engine here in the Partner Portal.

1 Like

Hello @PremankuChakraborty,

As I already asked in ECOHELP-13540, it is still unclear what will happen to Cloud licenses and transactions that don’t have an appEntitlementNumber/Id or hostEntitlementNumber/Id. Will we be able to reference those by their previous addon/hostLicenseId in the license and transaction reports? If not, how should we reference them in our internal CRM system going forward?

Could you please enhance the API changes documentation for these cases as well?

Hi @BenRomberg - yes, for the licenses and transactions that don’t have an appEntitlementNumber/Id or hostEntitlementNumber/Id, you will still be able to see the previous addon/hostLicenseId identifiers. So, at any given time, you should have definitely have one of the two.

We will work on updating the API changes documentation as well to reflect this clearly. Thanks!

Hello @PremankuChakraborty,

Thanks for the clarification! If you could please update this post once the documentation has been updated, it would be very much appreciated. I think there’s (at least) 3 cases to consider after the October removal of old license IDs:

• How do new licenses/transactions look like (probably without any values in addon/hostLicenseId)
  • How do migrated licenses/transactions look like (do they still have the old values in addon/hostLicenseId?)
  • How do non-migrated licenses/transactions look like (probably without any changes)

Also, there are licenses that have a hostEntitlementNumber/Id, but no appEntitlementNumber/Id (see screenshot above). How will they look like? There are also licenses with appEntitlementNumber/Id but without hostEntitlementNumber/Id, but as far as I understood in ECOHELP-13540, this will be fixed soon.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Ben - for sure. I will get the documentation updated but just to quickly answer your Qs -

• How do new licenses/transactions look like - Ans - Yes, they won’t have any values in addon/hostLicenseId but in hostEntitlementNumber/Id and appEntitlementNumber/Id.

• How do migrated licenses/transactions look like - Ans - They won’t have the old values i.e. addon/hostLicenseId

• How do non-migrated licenses/transactions look like - Ans - Will not have old identifiers unless there are no equivalent new identifiers for the license.

For the other issues, teams are working on getting them fixed. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.