Servicedesk API to Update Request?

Hi, I have been going through the Service desk api documentation. I was able to create a request using /rest/servicedeskapi/request.

Is there an api to update the request? I want to change the status of the ticket using an api

Hello @VasanthkumarRajagopa,

Assuming you are working with a cloud instance, if you want to update an issue via REST API, you can use Jira Core’s Edit issue.

However, if you’re more interested in changing the status and transition the issue, you might want to check JSD’s Perform customer transaction or Jira Core’s Transition issue. Do note though that you should do your due diligence by getting the allowed transitions for the request you want to modify - yes, there’s an API for that from JSD and Jira Core, too.

Hope this helps.
Ian

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t know about the transition method. We are using of server version 3.2.x of servicedesk. As per 3.2.x documentation transition method didnt exist.

Trying to think what my options are. Will JIRA api work?

Thanks for clarifying which deployment you’re working on - server land will have a slightly different behavior (also depending on the version). As a side note, in order to clarify which deployment your question is related to, I would suggest adding a tag to this post stating that you’re more interested with JSD server :slight_smile:

Having said that, yes, Jira server REST API should work (do verify for the Jira version you’re using). Try Do transition if that is suitable for your use case. Before you call Do transition, be sure to check the available transitions by calling Get transitions first.