Since AUI Tabs is deprecated (actually removed), why is it still showing in the documentation?

Many of my pages recently broke when support for AUI Tabs was removed in a recent server version of v8.5.5.

If this is deprecated (or removed), why is it still showing in the aui docs page? How do I know what version of the docs my server is supporting? It still shows in the docs all the way up to AUI 9.

Can it still be used?

Hi David, The AUI tabs are not removed or deprecated. The docs for AUI 9.1 can be found here: Tabs - AUI Documentation

And the docs for 8.5 are here: Tabs - AUI Documentation
If you are looking for historical documentation pages take a look at this link: AUI - Archive

How do I know what version of the docs my server is supporting

You can open the browser console and type AJS.version to get the information about AUI version used by the server product. Example:

Thanks,
Maciej Adamczak
Atlassian Developer

2 Likes

Hi @DavidMay,

AUI tabs are alive and well :slight_smile:

Are you adding your UI to your own page, or to an existing one? It’s possible that you are missing a web-resource <dependency> on the tabs code.

In your atlassian-plugin.xml file, check if your feature code looks something like this:

<web-resource key="my-feature">
  <dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-tabs</dependency>
  <resource type="download" location="my/feature.js" />
  <!-- ...your other resources etc. -->
</web-resource>

If that’s not the problem, can you give us a little more detail on what you’re building, what you expected to happen, and what’s not working? Screenshots and copies of logs would be helpful in establishing more context.

Hope that helps!
Daz

2 Likes