I deployed a simple application on the cloud. It is using spring boot and velocity. The test case just returns Hello World in html format.
I can see that the application is called via GET, and it returns correctly with code 200.
However Atlassian instead of rendering the returned result spends quite some time displaying a timer then pops up a message Something’s gone wrong.
I debugged using the browser and I can see there how the call is made and code 200 is returned.
I am using authentication none, so I do not think this is an authentication problem.
Sounds like this: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJS-1156
Please try different browser and let Atlassian know in the ACJS-1156 about your problem.
There is dedicated thread also: Apps fail to load due to timeouts
Thanks jack. I tried: chrome, Firefox, brave. Same result.
The thread you are referring me to is mentioning that “sometimes” this happens but in my case it happens constantly all the time.
I have already sent a message to Atlassian support but they seem to think that I need to get an answer from the community because my account is just free.
However, what seem to happen is that their product is not functioning correctly and they should address such a problem that can affect anyone using it.
The message you’re getting is more than likely because of the all.js not being loaded. If it is in your document then check the links that @jack mentioned.
That was an incorrect suspicion AFAIK. From our experience all.js loaded correctly (http 200) but was not picked/executed for some reason (this is the part that Atlassian will investigate hopefully).
Please open your browser console and look for a “timeout” message as presented on some of the screenshots in the other thread.
Also, you might try to install some other apps and check if they work fine. AFAIK, the problem, if present, affected all apps (so the other app will fail too).
@jack What I recently noticed is that the same behaviour is encountered when I am using the ecosystem. There is a Training link under the Add on, that results in the same behaviour and error message. This seems to be not related to the plugin I am testing. I have checked a few other things such as the Internet Level - Medium, cookies allowed etc.
Take a look at the network tab in the browser’s developer tools and make sure that the all.js is being loaded.
If that file isn’t loaded on the client side - then your content won’t be shown.
From my experience, when then problem happens, it affects all the apps available on the page.
@jack I figured out how to go around it. Found it on this thread:
It is adding script with src https://connect-cdn.atl-paas.net/all.js
to my html.
That solves the problem. Sorry, I didn’t think about so trivial solution