Static macro inline rendering issue

Hi,

according to this document Highlight macro will be deprecated soon. Therefore I decided to copy behavior of this macro into a Static Content Macro using Atlassian guideline.

The problem is, that result–despite rendered correctly–always appears on distinct line. My suspicion leads to the Confluence WYSIWYG editor, which breaks the paragraph into two separate pieces when you try to insert any macro in the middle. Example of a page storage format:

<p class="auto-cursor-target">This should be an inline</p>
<ac:structured-macro
  ac:name="highlight"
  ac:schema-version="1"
  ac:macro-id="be7506bd-542a-4d55-b617-f42b76290b70"
  ><ac:parameter ac:name="color">orange</ac:parameter
  ><ac:parameter ac:name="atlassian-macro-output-type">INLINE</ac:parameter
  ><ac:rich-text-body>
    <p>highlighted text</p></ac:rich-text-body
  ></ac:structured-macro
>
<p>rendered in a single line.</p>
<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /><br /><br /><br /></p>

Is my finding correct or is there another explanation of this behavior? If this is the real issue afterwards, does exist some workaround to render inline content into paragraph?

Thanks a lot for your opinions in advance.

Jiri

1 Like

Does this only happen in the new editor? If yes this might be your bug-report: [CONFCLOUD-66008] Static inline macros with rich-text body does not stay inline - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Kind regards

Andreas

1 Like

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for pointing me out this bug-report. This is the exact case and as I see, there is no workaround for it unless we would invest in third-party storage format editor (like this one) and learn users to use it (which is nonsense) :roll_eyes:

We hope Atlassian will fix it soon, alas the rendered result is realy ugly and lessen document readability noticeable :frowning:

Best regards,

Jiri

Dear Jiri,

I hope that as well. Our Simple Cite app is more or less unusable with the new editor.

Kind regards

Andreas

Thaks you.Jira I try to test that.