Support for Polish in atlassian-connect.json?

Hello,

We’re trying to add support for Polish in our plugin. According to the JSON schema of the file atlassian-connect.json, pl-PL is a supported key in the translations section. But when we add that key into our atlassian-connect.json file, Atlassian reports to us that our configuration file is invalid. This is an excerpt of the file jira-global-schema.json:

"it-IT": {
    "format": "uri",
    "type": "string",
    "title": "it-IT",
    "fieldDescription": "\n\nTranslations for the \"it-IT\" (Italian) locale.\n\n"
},
"pl-PL": {
    "title": "pl-PL",
    "fieldDescription": "\n\nTranslations for the \"pl-PL\" (Polish) locale.\n\n"
},
"ru-RU": {
    "title": "ru-RU",
    "fieldDescription": "\n\nTranslations for the \"ru-RU\" (Russian) locale.\n\n"
},

Is Polish really officially supported for translations of strings in the atlassian-connect.json descriptor ?

6 Likes

Anyone from Atlassian?

Disclaimer: I haven’t personally tried this, but the format doesn’t seem correct.

From Internationalization for Connect apps it seems like you need to reference the external file containing the translations from your atlassian-connect.json, so like:

"translations": {
    "paths": {
        "pl-PL": "/i18n/pl-PL.json"
    }
}

And the file /i18n/pl-PL.json would contain the translations.

1 Like

The excerpt in my post is not from atlassian-connect.json but from jira-global-schema.json which defines what must go into atlassian-connect.json. What you propose is exactly what we have in our file except that “pl-PL” is not supported as a key for translations whereas it should be.

1 Like

Ah sorry. I misunderstood your post. My reply only tells you what you already know then.

What error do you get?

When I add invalid translations I get an error like this:

The app descriptor failed to validate against the schema. Please confirm this app is intended for use with JIRA and then contact the app vendor.

/translations/paths: object instance has properties which are not allowed by the schema: ["en-AU","en-GB"]

Is this the error you got?

I tried with “pl-PL” translations, and it seems to work OK.

A minimum descriptor would probably be like:

{
  "name": "My App",
  "description": "My App",
  "key": "com.atlassian.jira.myapp",
  "baseUrl": "https://base.url.myapp.com",
  "scopes": [
    "read", "act_as_user", "write", "delete"
  ],
  "apiMigrations": {
    "gdpr": true,
    "context-qsh": true,
    "signed-install": true
  },
  "vendor": {
    "name": "Atlassian",
    "url": "http://www.atlassian.com"
  },
  "authentication": {
    "type": "none"
  },
  "apiVersion": 1,
  "modules": {
    "adminPages": [
      {
        "key": "about-admin-page",
        "name": {
          "value": "About My App",
          "i18n": "about.myapp"
        },
        "url": "/about.html"
      }
    ]
  },
  "translations": {
    "paths": {
      "pl-PL": "/i18n/pl-PL.json",
      "en-US": "/i18n/en-AU.json",
      "fr-FR": "/i18n/fr-FR.json"
    }
  }
}
1 Like

This is exactly what we had in place, quite exatly what you have shown as content of atlassian-connect.json but we had the following reported to us:

The app descriptor failed to validate against the schema. Please confirm this app is intended for use with JIRA and then contact the app vendor.

/translations/paths: object instance has properties which are not allowed by the schema: ["pl-PL"]

Is your app for Jira only, or Confluence as well? It looks like Confluence has a narrower list of supported languages (not including Polish).

Possibly the way forward is to create a ticket in the DEVHELP Service Desk at Jira Service Management

1 Like

Our app is JIRA only indeed.