I have a class where I am loading a board/shared value in an async function:
const value = await t.get(“board”,“shared”,“someSetting”, null);
The workflow is this:
0) FIRST USER: Has run the Power-Up before, and the shared setting is set by them.
- SECOND USER: Add Trello Power-Up to the board as a new user (never been run as this user before)
- ‘on-enable’ fires, and Welcome page with an Auth button appears
- User clicks the auth button and Trello Authentication dialog appears, they click Allow.
- ‘board-buttons’ fires on the update in an async call
- settings are read
RESULT: Getting the “default” value of null for the shared board setting, Power-Up flakes out… bad experience.
EXPECT: The shared setting to be there in this flow, Power-Up to know shared setting on first load
- User presses F5 (good luck in the Windows/Mac App)
RESULT: Everything is happy, ‘board-buttons’ fires and the shared value is read, everything is copasetic.
Why is this happening? My Power-Up has worked in this context before, so something must have changed. Is anyone else seeing an issue with reading values on first load of a Power-Up?