Team managed security scheme project details

Hello

We are trying to ascertain if our addon has access to team managed projects using the Jira Rest API.

Is there a way that the Rest api lets us find out “project access” level: open/private/limited?

Is there a way to find out what a project role can actually do, as opposed to the actors in the role eg. manage issues, edit comments etc etc?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

@dmorrow @ccurti @mpaisley @AbhinayaSinha any chance someone could look at this for us?

Hi @RomyGreenfield and @jbevan ,

I don’t consider myself an expert in this, but I’ll try to answer as best I can.

We are trying to ascertain if our addon has access to team managed projects using the Jira Rest API.

The response to GET /rest/api/3/project/search should include all the projects your app can access. I think Connect apps have access to team-managed projects.

Is there a way that the Rest api lets us find out “project access” level: open/private/limited?

I’m not aware of any API that provides the access level of a Team-managed project. Having said that, I’m not sure if providing an API such as this would be valuable as I assume apps would only need to know about roles and permissions?

Is there a way to find out what a project role can actually do, as opposed to the actors in the role eg. manage issues, edit comments etc etc?

You can match project roles to permissions by calling GET /rest/api/3/permissionscheme, iterating through the returned permission schemes matching scope.type == PROJECT and scope.project.id == <id of project of interest>. Each of these matches is an association of a role and permission. The role is identified by holder.parameterand the permission is identified by thepermission` field. The definition of each permission detailed in GET /rest/api/3/permissions.

Regards,
Dugald

Hi all,

Am I right in thinking that ‘Project Roles’ have no relationship to the ‘Roles’ used in ‘Team Managed’ security?