Testing app migration platform without automated pathway

Hi @jrichards

In my tests, I was selecting the users for selected spaces option for migration and the platform returns the user mappings now.

Regards,
Behrouz

1 Like

Hi @anon65479381,

Prior to the latest CCMA (3.1.9) if you selected the users for selected spaces option, then users were not created in Atlassian Identity. With this new version, we’re sending extra meta-data with the Space export to identify if the users need to be created. So, now it works as you expected.

Regards,
James.

Hi @anon65479381,

I realise this has been some time since I posted, but this issue has come up again and I wanted to make sure I updated with the correct information. We now have this bug logged

In my investigation, what I found was that for a Space only migration, if you select Users for selected spaces, those users are now created in the cloud site and given product access - as you’d expect.

However, those users are not sent through to the mappings - and that’s what the bug is referring to. If in your testing you just once select All users and groups, then you’ll have the mappings available on subsequent migrations. But on a completely fresh server and cloud instance, mappings will be empty.

So, if you require the users to be migrated, for now make sure your documentation states that All users and groups option must be selected.

You can also use the status API to send a message back to the admin with an INCOMPLETE status and a message linking to the documentation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
James.