Thank you for everything

Hi all,

on September 1st 2015 I joined Atlassian as a developer advocate, before that I was a solution partner, an active member of the Atlassian and an Atlassian fanboy. And today I still am all of those things.

But not for long…

October 4th will be my final day as an Atlassian, with a heavy heart I’ve decided to once more get out of my comfort zone and take a leap into the unknown. I’ll be joining MongoDB as their new Director of Developer Community Programs.

Joining Atlassian was the easiest career decision I’ve ever made,
leaving Atlassian has been the hardest.

I’m proud of all the great things you and my team have done together, we’ve build amazing apps that have brought great value to our shared customers. We’ve also shared stories, food, and drinks all around the world. Those are some of my best memories of my time here at Atlassian.

I leave you in the capable hands of my team (Neil, Ralph, Mel, Anmol, Michael, Jamie, Chris, Ankur, Anne, and all other Atlassians.) They are an amazing bunch and I couldn’t be more proud of the fact that I was able to work with them for such a long time.

I’ll be cheering from the sidelines and I look forward seeing more amazing things happen in the Atlassian ecosystem.

A big thank you to all of you for your trust, your knowledge, your experience, and your friendship.

I feel honoured to have been part of such an amazing community.

It’s not goodbye, it’s see you later.

Peter
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pvdevoor
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petervandevoorde/
Email: send me a DM

31 Likes

Hi Peter,

sad to see you leaving - and also excited for you to try something new. It was great working with you - both from the outcome and from the process of getting there together. For me, often you were the impersonation of OCNB.
Best wishes for your next goals and see you later … You’ll be missed.
Chris

3 Likes

:joy:

Good luck Peter!

1 Like

All the best Peter, MongoDB are fortunate to have you and I’m sure you’ll be successful in your new role. It has been a pleasure having you advocate for us and you will be missed in this community.

See you later,
Jon

1 Like

Guess we’ll have to start building apps for Mongo now, eh?

Thanks Peter, really appreciate the guidance and perspective you’ve provided the Easy Agile team. Wonderful!

All the best on the new gig, and we’ll see you around,
Nick

1 Like

Good luck Peter in your next step! Looking forwards to hearing about how that community grows.

You will be missed!

/Daniel

2 Likes

Sad news for us Peter, but no doubt a good move for you and MongoDB.

Appreciate all you’ve done for us over the past 4 years - you’ll be missed and not forgotten!
Good Luck & Cheers, Mark.

1 Like

Good luck in your next journey :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck Peter in your new endeavor. I’m happy for you and sad for us.
But don’t be a stranger and come see us at a future Atlassian event - I’m sure MongoDB is an Atlassian customer :wink:

1 Like

Good luck with your next endeavor and thank you for all the guidance you have provided

All the best
Alan

1 Like

Thanks Chris,

I’m happy I got to work with you on the Developer Day content and in the ecosystem.
I’ll keep living the values, wherever I go :slight_smile:

Thanks Sven.

And yes I qualify myself as an Atlassian fanboy (I have the t-shirts, jackets, hoodies, socks, backpacks, and more to prove it :wink: )

1 Like

Thanks Jon,
It was a pleasure and an honour representing all of you.

Thanks Nick,

I wish you and all other vendors nothing but amazing success in the future.
It was an absolute dream to meet all of you in person at so many events.

And I look forward to our next meetings.

Thanks Daniel

I’ll miss our regular interactions.

Thanks Mark.

I was an honour working with all of you.

Thanks Roberto

I’ll always treasure my Comalatech comic books, they are amazing.

Thanks David.

I’ll sure try to come to some Atlassian events and I’ll keep my eyes on the Atlassian Ecosystem.

Thanks Alan.

It was always good to see you and talk with you at events.

All the best for your future endeavours, Peter!

I always highly appreciated your help and advice. You will be missed!

1 Like