Thanks for Atlassian Connect Spring Boot 2.0.2!

Hey folks,

today I found out that just 3 days ago Spring Boot 2.2.0 was released, bringing some much anticipated features. For us the upgrade to Hibernate 5.4 which comes with support for a PostgresDialect for versons of PostgresSQL 10+ is especially interesting.

I was just about to create a ticket, asking Atlassian to test (and if necessary update) Connect, but it turns out @epehrson diligently upgraded to the newest version and released Spring Boot Connect 2.0.2 before I even knew of the Spring Boot update:

What a nice surprise! So, this is really just an appreciation thread for @epehrson!

Thanks for working hard and keeping Spring Boot Connect up to date! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

did somebody offered to test it? (early adopters)

Well, I’ve been using it with the new dialect and a PostgreSQL 10 DB for dev and so far it works great. :slight_smile:

How can i upgrade my project from 1.5.3 to latest version of Spring Boot. I Have Tried changing version in pom.xml file But at compile time project is ok while while i tried to build the project it shows many beans not initaialzied and missing things So any Suggestions For upgrading My Project will helpful…
Thanks…

Make sure to both change the version in the spring parent to 2.2.0:

<parent>
        <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring-boot-starter-parent</artifactId>
        <version>2.2.0.RELEASE</version>
    </parent>

And the connect version to 2.0.2:

<dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.connect</groupId>
            <artifactId>atlassian-connect-spring-boot-starter</artifactId>
            <version>${atlassian-connect-spring-boot.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.connect</groupId>
            <artifactId>atlassian-connect-spring-boot-jpa-starter</artifactId>
            <version>${atlassian-connect-spring-boot.version}</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

<properties>
        <atlassian-connect-spring-boot.version>2.0.2</atlassian-connect-spring-boot.version>
    </properties>

I tried same way But i am getting these errors at build Time.

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'jwtAuthenticationFilterRegistrationBean' defined in class path resource [com/atlassian/connect/spring/internal/AtlassianConnectAutoConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'jwtAuthenticationFilterRegistrationBean' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'atlassianConnectWebSecurityConfigurer': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setContentNegotationStrategy' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.web.servlet.WebMvcAutoConfiguration$EnableWebMvcConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setConfigurers' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptorConfigurer' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/JpaBaseConfiguration$JpaWebConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptorConfigurer' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptor' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/JpaBaseConfiguration$JpaWebConfiguration.class]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/liquibase/LiquibaseAutoConfiguration$LiquibaseConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(int) is not yet implemented.

... 16 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'atlassianConnectWebSecurityConfigurer': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setContentNegotationStrategy' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.web.servlet.WebMvcAutoConfiguration$EnableWebMvcConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setConfigurers' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptorConfigurer' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/JpaBaseConfiguration$JpaWebConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptorConfigurer' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptor' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/JpaBaseConfiguration$JpaWebConfiguration.class]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/liquibase/LiquibaseAutoConfiguration$LiquibaseConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(int) is not yet implemented.

... 56 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.web.servlet.WebMvcAutoConfiguration$EnableWebMvcConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setConfigurers' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptorConfigurer' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/JpaBaseConfiguration$JpaWebConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptorConfigurer' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptor' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/JpaBaseConfiguration$JpaWebConfiguration.class]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/liquibase/LiquibaseAutoConfiguration$LiquibaseConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(int) is not yet implemented.

... 79 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptorConfigurer' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/JpaBaseConfiguration$JpaWebConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptorConfigurer' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptor' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/JpaBaseConfiguration$JpaWebConfiguration.class]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/liquibase/LiquibaseAutoConfiguration$LiquibaseConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(int) is not yet implemented.

... 101 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'openEntityManagerInViewInterceptor' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/JpaBaseConfiguration$JpaWebConfiguration.class]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/liquibase/LiquibaseAutoConfiguration$LiquibaseConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(int) is not yet implemented.

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/liquibase/LiquibaseAutoConfiguration$LiquibaseConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(int) is not yet implemented.

Caused by: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: Method org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.isValid(int) is not yet implemented.

Any suggestion for how to fix these issues.

So the error message looks like you might be using an older version of the Postgres JDBC driver. I’m currently on 42.2.8.

<dependency>
		    <groupId>postgresql</groupId>
		    <artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
		    <version>9.1-901-1.jdbc4</version>
		</dependency>```
i am using this dependency for driver can u please suiggest which one should i use.

As I said I’m using 42.2.8 :slight_smile:

But the group id changed for the newer version: https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.postgresql/postgresql/42.2.8

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.postgresql</groupId>
    <artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
    <version>42.2.8</version>
</dependency>
1 Like

Yess thanks by using this driver build is success now.
Thanks for Your help.

1 Like

Hi
After upgrading my spring Boot Version build is a success but when i tried show HTML files then I am getting an error. I used these two Thymeleaf dependencies.

<dependency>
		    <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
		    <artifactId>spring-boot-starter-thymeleaf</artifactId>
		    <version>2.2.1.RELEASE</version>
		</dependency>

<dependency>
			    <groupId>org.thymeleaf.extras</groupId>
			    <artifactId>thymeleaf-extras-springsecurity5</artifactId>
			    <version>3.0.4.RELEASE</version>
			</dependency>
org.thymeleaf.exceptions.TemplateInputException: An error happened during template parsing (template: "class path resource [templates/service-mgmt-view.html]")

Any suggestions How to fix this.

We’re not using Thymeleaf and therefore I can’t really help. But since the error message says the parsing failed in the file service-mgmt-view.html maybe you should include that as well, so other people are able to help you.

1 Like

Here Is my code for html

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns:th="http://www.thymeleaf.org">
<head th:insert="~{layout :: atlassianConnectResources}">    
    <meta name="token" th:content="${atlassianConnectToken}"/>    
    <script src="https://connect-cdn.atl-paas.net/all.js" data-options="sizeToParent:true;hideFooter:true"></script>
	<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="https://acis.atlassian.net/atlassian-connect/all.css" />
</head>

<body class="aui-page-hybrid">	

<div id="app"></div>		
		<script type="text/javascript" src="/app.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

</body>
</html>

I am getting error in line 3 col 7 (th:insert) can anyone suggest what way i use this or what should i change.