There is no action mapped for namespace and action

I am experiencing a situation where a number of our customers are experiencing a page not found error when launching an action input plugin after upgrading to our latest version. In the resulting application logs, I am seeing the following error:

2020-10-12 13:32:18,155 ERROR [https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-437] [atlassian.confluence.servlet.ConfluenceServletDispatcher] serviceAction There is no Action mapped for namespace /plugins/gliffy and action name editor.

In every case so far, the issue was resolved by cleaning out the plugin caches.

After doing some research, I found the following community post the recommends making sure the package name is unique. Solved: There is no Action mapped for namespace ... and ac.... I’m curious why this issue would suddenly start happening now and only in a limited number of instances. Is is possible that this issue may be due to other plugins using the same package name we are using? Would using a more complex package name help reduce the frequency? While we have a solution, I would rather not have to make a number of customers have to call our support and go through a whole process of cleaning the plugin caches to get the plugin working again.

1 Like