There was an error invoking the function - Function with handler "index.run" was not found

While running the application as tunnel , I am getting following error . Have anyone faced this error before ?
Application runs fine without any issue when deployed and installed on my site.

There was an error invoking the function - Function with handler “index.run” was not found

Error: Function with handler “index.run” was not found
at LocalInvocationService.invoke (/tunnel/node_modules/@forge/tunnel/out/tunnelling/local-invocation-service.js:22:19)
at LocalDevelopmentServer.handleInvocation (/tunnel/node_modules/@forge/tunnel/out/tunnelling/dev-server.js:23:59)
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/tunnel/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
at next (/tunnel/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
at Route.dispatch (/tunnel/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/tunnel/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
at /tunnel/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22
at param (/tunnel/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:354:14)
at param (/tunnel/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:365:14)
at Function.process_params (/tunnel/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:410:3)
at next (/tunnel/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
at /tunnel/node_modules/body-parser/lib/read.js:130:5
at invokeCallback (/tunnel/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:224:16)
at done (/tunnel/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:213:7)
at IncomingMessage.onEnd (/tunnel/node_modules/raw-body/index.js:273:7)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:314:20)

I found the issue. This issue caused due to sizing of my machine. It takes a lot of time ( more than 15 minutes) for my machine to go beyond “Snapshotting functions”. After showing patience from my side it worked.
P.S. This is my machine size

Checking Docker image… 100%
Your Docker image is up to date.on> forge tunnel
Running your app locally with Docker. The tunnel displays your usage from everywhere the app in the development environm
Reloading code…
Press Ctrl+C to cancel.
=== Running forge lint…
No issues found.

=== Bundling code…
App code bundled.

=== Snapshotting functions…

Thanks for the report @SameerPatil,

You may want to try disabling snapshotting in your manifest.yml to see if that improves your tunnelling experience.

app:
  runtime:
    snapshots: false

If you’re comfortable with sharing your code with us, could you please do so to help us see if there’s anything we can fix on our side.

1 Like