Translation "more" button in toolbar2

Is it possible to translate the “more” button in the toolbar2 ?

https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/5.5.1/docs/toolbar2.html

Hey @beuchat.jose,

Since the toolbar pattern is just HTML and CSS, it’s up to the product/plugin implementor to provide the text content for the buttons.

In a typical Atlassian plugin, with a velocity template file, the markup might look something like this:

<div class="aui-toolbar2" role="toolbar">
    <div class="aui-toolbar2-inner">
        <div class="aui-toolbar2-primary">
            <div class="aui-buttons">
                <button class="aui-button aui-button-primary">$i18n.getText('myplugin.actions.edit')</button>
            </div>
                <button class="aui-button">$i18n.getText('myplugin.actions.comment')</button>
                <button class="aui-button">$i18n.getText('myplugin.actions.something')</button>
                <button class="aui-button">$i18n.getText('myplugin.actions.another.thing')</button>
            </div>
                <button class="aui-button">$i18n.getText('myplugin.actions.more')</button>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

If you then provide a translations properties file, you can translate that text for multiple languages. Read up on how to do that here: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/internationalising-your-plugin/

Depending on what product you are writing for, some common words are already translated. For instance, in Jira, there is translation key for common.concepts.more. If you use that key in your template, it will output the string “More” in English.

With that said, be wary about re-using translations! Only you know the concept your button is attempting to represent. Existing translation keys may be expected to be used in a different context than you are thinking about. By re-using someone else’s translation key, the button may not read correctly in other languages.

Hope that helps!