Trello REST API - CheckItem due dates

Hello!
How can we access these values and change them from the API?

You can see the duedates of your checklist items by calling the
GET /1/cards/{id}/checkItem/{idCheckItem}. The due dates should be a datetime value under the due field.
You can update a duedate of a checkitem using the following API call:
PUT /1/cards/{idCard}/checklist/{idChecklist}/checkItem/{idCheckItem}
and have the due field with an appropriate datetime in the body of the request.
Here is a link to the documentation:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/#api-cards-idCard-checklist-idChecklist-checkItem-idCheckItem-put

Can the Member be added to a CheckItem via the REST API?
I’ve just tried using the same method as adding a member for a Card using the POST method, but I get an error message back ‘Cannot Post’.
I tried doing a PUT, but I get a similar error ‘Cannot Put’

I just tried doing a Put request with the value of idMember defined in the body of the request and there was no error message and it seemed to work, but when I look at the checklist item, it has no member.
Can you please describe the proper method of using a Put request to add a member to a checkItem. Thanks.

Yes, a member can be added and removed from a checklist item through the REST API.
The API call should be the same as the one as the one I previously provided:
PUT /1/cards/{idCard}/checklist/{idChecklist}/checkItem/{idCheckItem}
with the body of the request having the member information:

{
"idMember" : "id"
}
1 Like

Thanks Bryan. In the meanwhile, I solved the problem.

Yes that method works. You can also add a member by doing a Put request to the endpoint for the checkItem in the card, like this:

PUT /1/cards/{idCard}/checkItem/{idCheckItem}?idMember={idMember}&key={key}&token={token}

This worked fine when I tested with Postman, but not my PowerShell code. I found my PS code had an obscure problem and, when I fixed that, it all worked perfectly and I was able to add the member.

Thanks, and it would be good if the Trello REST API documentation was updated to say that the values for due and idMember can now be updated for checkitems, as this is currently not documented.

Hi there! I’m trying to do something similar and backdate checklist items from the card duedate (When a due date is set on a card with X checklist, set item 1 to be due 10 workdays before card due date, set item 2 to be due 5 workdays before card due date, etc.). I am minimally familiar with the format for GET/PUT commands in Trello automation. Would you (or anyone) be able to provide a template where I could copy/paste my key, token, checklist name, item names, etc? Much appreciated!